Gift Annuity Rates to Increase
Starting next month, gift annuity rates recommended by the American Council on Gift Annuities will be going up . . . more
Profitable Lessons from a Tax Return
Before filing away your 2017 tax return, ask yourself if you can learn a few lessons — and possibly make 2018 a better year financially . . . more
Who says you can only make new year’s resolutions on January 1? . . . more
Family + Charity = Satisfaction
Many people want to continue their support of charitable organizations through their estate plans — but feel they must provide for family members first . . . more
Be sure to check this site each month for new planning ideas. If you would like to receive our Personal Planning Ideas by e-mail each month, please click here.
May 2018 Archive
• Planting Season for a Harvest of Tax Savings
• Special Planning for Special Needs
• Who Should Be Your Executor?
• Write to Your Family, Right from Your Heart
April 2018 Archive
• How Much Insurance Do You Really Need?
• Talk about the Estate Planning Facts of Life
• Tying the Knot, Senior Style
• How Will You Spend Your Retirement Savings?
March 2018 Archive
• Spring Cleaning for Estates
• Endowment: The Gift That Keeps on Giving
• Timing Can Be Everything in Gift Planning
• Is It Ever Too Late to Write (or Revise) a Will?
February 2018 Archive
• Be Ready for Stormy Weather
• It’s Gift Tax Time, Too
• Counting on Retirement
• Estate Plans: They’re Not Just for Couples
January 2018 Archive
• The Incredible Shrinking Estate Tax
• Standard Deductions Take Giant Leap
• Think Twice Before . . .
• Start 2018 on the Right Foot
December 2017 Archive
• Everyone Still Needs Estate Planning
• Too Young for Estate Planning?
• Extraordinary Ideas for Estate Gifts
• IRS Announces Cost-of-Living Adjustments for 2018