Personal Planning Ideas
Who’s Getting Your Money?
It’s estimated that about $24 trillion is saved in various types of retirement accounts, but where is that money eventually going? . . . more
Surviving the Roller Coaster Ride
One day the market is up, the next it’s down. There are rules that can help you sleep at night, regardless of market fluctuations . . . more
Value Averaging: An Alternative to Dollar Cost Averaging
Many people are familiar with the dollar cost averaging approach to the stock market in which they invest a set sum of money each month . . . more
What Lessons Can You Learn from Your Tax Return?
Before putting away your copy of the income tax return you just filed, review it to see if you can take advantage of opportunities for 2015 . . . more
|Be sure to check this site each month for new planning ideas. If you would like to receive our Personal Planning Ideas by e-mail each month, please click here.
March 2015 Archive
• Making the Best of a Bad Situation
• Pay Yourself, Not the IRS
• Doing the Unexpected
• April 15: More Than Income Taxes
February 2015 Archive
• Estate Planning’s Extra Innings
• Time to Redeem?
• Important — But Random — Numbers for 2015
• Don’t Put Too Many Strings on Bequests
January 2015 Archive
• Here We Go Again
• Gift Ideas for Early in the Year
• Weathering the Ups and Downs
• Make 2015 the Year to Save
• Got New Stuff? Review Your Insurance
December 2014 Archive
• Reunited at Last
• Beware of Deadlines
• Add to Your New Year’s Resolutions
• Insuring Your Legacy
November 2014 Archive
• When to Take Distributions?
• Motivations for Giving
• Don’t Sweat the Market Drop
• Wealth Transfer Tsunami Ahead?
October 2014 Archive
• Many Ways to Give It Away
• Teaching Life Lessons
• Squeezing Cash from Collectibles
• Keep Living Trusts Alive