Personal Planning Ideas
Charitable Gifts that Allow You to Change Your Mind
A wide variety of gift techniques is available to donors who feel they need to keep full control of their financial resources during life . . . more
Getting the Most from Gifts of Appreciated Stock
The stock markets have been reaching new heights in recent days, only to take a few steps back . . . more
Options for Helping Charity from Retirement Accounts
Americans are encouraged to save for retirement through private accounts (IRAs, Roth IRAs) and through their employers (401(k), 403(b) plans) . . . more
Which to Choose — A Will or a Revocable Living Trust?
A will is the traditional way to dispose of one’s assets at death, but revocable living trusts are sometimes suggested as a better strategy . . . more
|Be sure to check this site each month for new planning ideas. If you would like to receive our Personal Planning Ideas by e-mail each month, please click here.
August 2016 Archive
• Caution: Baby Boomers Ahead
• More Help for Those Needing a Little Extra
• What to Look for in Long-Term Care Insurance Policies
• Back-to-School Specials That Include Charity
July 2016 Archive
• Will? Living Trust? Or Both?
• A Word about Guardianships
• Nervous about the Market's Direction?
• Top Assets for Leaving Your Legacy
June 2016 Archive
• Giving and Receiving: Four Tax-Smart Ideas
• Provide Assistance Outside Your Will
• Help with Savings for Retirement
• Some Financial Rules to Live By
May 2016 Archive
• Review Plans for Disability
• Planning Challenges When Making a Will
• “My Kids Understand Why I’m Helping Charity”
• Before You Leave on Vacation . . .
April 2016 Archive
• A Simple Alternative to Amending a Will
• An Opportunity This Month
• Creative Gift Ideas for Business Owners
• Providing for a Surviving Spouse and Charity, Too
March 2016 Archive
• Extreme Will Makeovers
• Inheritances Ahead
• Where to Turn for Help
• Spring Weddings Not Limited to the Young