Personal Planning Ideas
Will? Living Trust? Or Both?
A will takes effect upon the death of the person who makes the will, and is a public document . . . more
A Word about Guardianships
Parents with young families typically make a provision in their wills for appointment of guardians in case their children become orphaned before reaching adulthood . . . more
Nervous about the Market's Direction?
No one can say where the stock market is headed, but some investors with portfolios heavy with growth stock may be looking for ways to diversify into lower-risk investments — without paying a premium in capital gains taxes . . . more
Top Assets for Leaving Your Legacy
Many people who include gifts in their estate plans simply leave a cash amount or a percentage of their estates . . . more
|Be sure to check this site each month for new planning ideas. If you would like to receive our Personal Planning Ideas by e-mail each month, please click here.
June 2016 Archive
• Giving and Receiving: Four Tax-Smart Ideas
• Provide Assistance Outside Your Will
• Help with Savings for Retirement
• Some Financial Rules to Live By
May 2016 Archive
• Review Plans for Disability
• Planning Challenges When Making a Will
• “My Kids Understand Why I’m Helping Charity”
• Before You Leave on Vacation . . .
April 2016 Archive
• A Simple Alternative to Amending a Will
• An Opportunity This Month
• Creative Gift Ideas for Business Owners
• Providing for a Surviving Spouse and Charity, Too
March 2016 Archive
• Extreme Will Makeovers
• Inheritances Ahead
• Where to Turn for Help
• Spring Weddings Not Limited to the Young
February 2016 Archive
• Smart Moves for 2016
• Putting the Deduction in the Right Spot
• Getting Two Deductions for Your IRA Contribution
• Make the Most of Stock Market Losses
January 2016 Archive
• It’s Back, and It’s Permanent
• Bring New Life to Old Savings Bonds
• Powers of Attorney Serve Many Purposes
• Do You Really Need an Attorney to Write Your Will?