Personal Planning Ideas
Making the Best of a Bad Situation
The stock market has been going mostly up in recent months, but even the shrewdest investors occasionally buy stock that turns out to be a “dog” . . . more
Pay Yourself, Not the IRS
Are you expecting a big refund on your 2014 income taxes? If so, you gave the IRS an interest-free loan last year . . . more
Doing the Unexpected
Conventional wisdom says that retirees should postpone withdrawals from IRAs and other tax-sheltered accounts as long as possible . . . more
April 15: More Than Income Taxes
April 15 is the deadline for filing most income tax returns, but there are other taxes that are due the same day . . . more
|Be sure to check this site each month for new planning ideas. If you would like to receive our Personal Planning Ideas by e-mail each month, please click here.
February 2015 Archive
• Estate Planning’s Extra Innings
• Time to Redeem?
• Important — But Random — Numbers for 2015
• Don’t Put Too Many Strings on Bequests
January 2015 Archive
• Here We Go Again
• Gift Ideas for Early in the Year
• Weathering the Ups and Downs
• Make 2015 the Year to Save
• Got New Stuff? Review Your Insurance
December 2014 Archive
• Reunited at Last
• Beware of Deadlines
• Add to Your New Year’s Resolutions
• Insuring Your Legacy
November 2014 Archive
• When to Take Distributions?
• Motivations for Giving
• Don’t Sweat the Market Drop
• Wealth Transfer Tsunami Ahead?
October 2014 Archive
• Many Ways to Give It Away
• Teaching Life Lessons
• Squeezing Cash from Collectibles
• Keep Living Trusts Alive
September 2014 Archive
• Take a "Selfie" of Your Home
• When a Family Member Needs Extra Help
• Are You Ready for Retirement?
• Raising Philanthropic Children and Grandchildren